There are many reasons of hair loosing. These are given below with diminishing frequencies;
* Male type hair loosing (andro-genetic alopecia): frequency of this kind of hair loosing cannot be recorded; but frequency of it is about 100% in white race. You can find all information about male type hair loosing in our web site.
* Diffuse Alopecia: this kind of hair loosing can be generalized or global. People do not realize it until they loose large amount of their hair. Progress of diffuse alopecia is unsteady and it increases sometimes or continuously by depending on a reason.
* Alopecia areata: It appears in the form of small circular patches whose borders are clear and it appears without any signs. Sometimes it results in loosing of all hair on the head or in the body. Besides these, it is a kind of disease that is recyclable and everybody can have this disease no matter what the age, gender, and race are.
* Cicatricial Alopecia: It occurs as the result of permanent destruction and fibrositis (formation of wound tissue) of hair follicles. It appears in the form of circular shape and it can be spread out.
* Traumatic Alopecia: Traction alopecia or traumatic alopecia take root from different kind of physical or chemical injuries. They can be acute or chronic.
* Infections or Infestations: This kind of hair loosing occurs as the result of some kind of micro organisms (blights, bacteriums, or viruses) or phthiruses. These micro organisms destroy body of the hair directly or indirectly, and they damage functions of hair follicles; so they lead to hair loosing in the head. This type of hair loosing is evaluated according to the agent which causes the problem.
* Abnormality in the body of the hair which causes Alopecia: Abnormalities in the body of the hair is analyzed in four different groups: fractures, disorders in the hair, becoming curly or becoming convoluted, and other factors that affect body of the hair.
* Herediter and Congenital Alopecia: These types of hair loosing are resulted from different genetic diseases or some complications related to pregnancy and birth.
* Alopecia which is related to different causes: Some chronic skin diseases like psoriasis can affect hairy skin. The other hair loosing types are generally temporary and they are resulted from different factors. For example; stress, troid disorders, lack of zinc and iron, infections, operations performed with general anesthesia, diabetes, overdose of vitamin A, and some drug treatments like chemotherapy. The most appropriate person who will determine type of your hair loosing is a skin disease specialist. According to diagnosis, treatment method of hair loosing will be changed.