After The Operation
Points needed to be paid attention after hair transplantation:
After your operation:
Your feelings after operation are depended on type and comprehension of the process. If you feel any pain or discomfort, you can take them under control by using pain killers.
If you wear bandage, generally it is opened the next day. 2 or 3 days after the operation, you will start to wash your hair and continue to wash it as you were told until your sutures will be removed. Sutures will be removed 15 days after the operation.
Heavy activities might lead grefts and surgeon areas to bleed because they increase blood flowing to the head. For this reason, you need to avoid heavy activities and making sports for 3 weeks. Sometimes doctors recommend patients not to have sexual relation for 10 days after the operation.
1. Take the pills which are given by the doctor in the way that he / she told to you.
2. In three days after the operation you should avoid to make heavy activities, feel over excited, be constipation, make sports, have sexual relations. When you are going out, wear your hat.
3. You can start your daily activities 1 day after the operation.
4. You can start to make light exercises two weeks after the operation.
5. You should not to smoke until your sutures are removed; that is, until the 15th day. If you cannot do that, please do not smoke during the first three days.
6. You should not be exposed to the sun without protection during the first three months. When you are under the sun, please wear a hat.
7. After the operation, you will experience a feel loss for a while like in other operations. Reason of this is little nerves which are cut while skin band is being taken from this part. After one or two months, when these nerves are renewed, your feel loss will disappear.
8. Do not drink alcohol in the period that you take drugs.
9. After the operation, a swelling might appear on your forehead. Because during the operation some drugs are applied under the skin and these drugs move in the downward direction due to gravity. So they create swelling on your forehead. In this case, you can apply ice compress and you need to use drugs regularly. Even if you do not make any intervention, these swellings will disappear in two days. If you wear contact lenses, 2 or 6 days after the operation, please do not wear them.
10. Please protect your head from any traumas during 2 weeks after the operation.
11. After the operation, small amount of bleedings may occur on your nucha. Patients frequently encounter with this case, so do not panic. 1 day after the operation, if bleeding continues, please call your doctor.