Before The Operation
POINTS NEEDED TO PE PAID ATTENTION BEFORE HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
• Quit taking aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, ecopirin, alka seltzer, etc.) 2 weeks before the operation.
• Quit drinking alcohol 3 days before the operation.
• Tell your doctor if you are taking pills because of chronic or acute syndromes (diabetes, heart disease, tension, tuberculosis, etc.).
• Quit taking antidepressants, some other drugs which prevent coagulation (heparin, coumadin, etc.), beta blockers, and mao-inhibitors (aurorix, etc.) 2 weeks before the operation. During this time, if you take one of these drugs please tell your doctor.
• Do not apply any local medicines on to head skin and hair before the operation.
• Before coming to operation, wash your hair and do not use hair spray or hair gel.
• Have breakfast before the operation. If your operation will start afternoon, have light lunch.
• Please bring a hat with you in order to wear after the operation.
• Quit smoking 24 hours before the operation; if you cannot do that please reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke. Remember that cigarette will prolong the duration of recovery, and will increase the risk for infection and scars.
• Do not drink coffee or other drinks which include caffeine on the operation day. These kinds of drugs increase your bleeding and your sensibility to drugs which need to be taken after operation.
• Stop taking multivitamin preparates which consist vitamin B and E one week before the operation; because they may increase your bleeding.
• Do not have your hairs which are on arrear part of your head cut, because they will be used for closing the suture area after the operation.
• After the operation, do not drive a car for 12 hours; if you come to operation with your car, please bring some one with you to drive the car after the operation.
• While you are coming to operation, please wear comfortable cloth like shirt or cardigan.